Plaça de l’Església (Church square)
The Neo-classical parish church of Sant Vicenç was built in 1755 at a time when the former Vila Vella church had become too small for the congregation. Moreover, the 16th-century expansion of Tossa beyond its walls meant that the old church was too far away.
The large volume of the central nave contrasts with the plainness of the rest of the building. The church was originally decorated with simple baroque altarpieces and images, some of them made at the local workshop Cas Fuster. Unfortunately, however, this valuable heritage disappeared during the Spanish Civil War, with the exception of an altar of the Immaculate Conception.